Monday, January 7, 2013

The kid in me...

really wants to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn... take a look at the trailer:


Yes, it is part of the geek in me. The Final Fantasy series has always been one of my passions growing up. Stories of adventures, magic, friendships, family... worlds far away and unique but filled with themes of love and humanity, like our own. Playing the games always filled me with awe, not only because they were so well written and produced but because the level of creativity and imagination it took to create the characters and stories was mind boggling. I literally could get lost for hours, which of course prompted one of my exs to exclaim "The new Final Fantasy came out, I'm not going to see my bf for a month!"

So why would a 32 year old still want to play this game when there is still a whole world called Earth to explore you may ask?

The answer is really quite simple. You can never stop being a kid, pretending to travel to new places, meet new faces, and complete new adventures. Yes there are many adventures to take, hell I still want to go camping at some point in my life. I'm very much aware of how magical our reality is and the draw that far away places have. Sometimes though, you just need to get away and let your imagination take you to places you may never see in this world.

Some of you already know this feeling... you go through it every time you pick up a new book. The stories take you on adventures that may not necessarily be filled with elves or magic or the like but you see new people, face danger, crawl through dark allies, or travel the stars. A video game is another way of experiencing great story telling...

So anyway, I ramble but you get my drift. I hope that I never lose my curiosity and imagination... I'm proud to be always 12 yo inside.

How about you? What is your inner child screaming at you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment